At Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation, Inc., our goal is to provide a pillow of support to those affected by diabetes.
We offer education and group fellowship through our Diabetes Support Group, C.U.B.S..
C.U.B.S is a community collaborative partnership, in an innovative approach to aid those affected by diabetes to help them better understand the emotional, social, and viable aspects of diabetes.
Support group members learn factors that can lead to diabetes, and how they can make lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes.
We encourage those affected by diabetes to get involved and join a support group to experience greater success; be encouraged by the success of others, and have the opportunity to learn about issues that affect people with diabetes.
Our support group meets twice a month, on the first and fourth Thursday. We have several facilitators who are working as diabetes educators. We understand, and are dedicated to help support those on this journey.
· Group Fellowship
· Emotional Support and Resources
· Diabetes Educational Topics
· Coping Approaches and Tips
· Group Outings
· Occasional Guest Speakers
Groups: (*Click on the Group Links for Meeting Times and Locations)
Upcoming Topics: (*Subject to Change Based on Community Need)
* May: Diabetes and Foot Care
* June: Diabetes and Mental Health
* July: Diabetes and Fitness
* August: Diabetes and Food Insecurity (Field Trip Outing)
* September: Diabetes and Smoking
* October: Changing Habits and Goal Setting
* November: Physical Activity- Dance Away Diabetes with ZUMBA Fitness
* December: Diabetes and Holiday Nutrition