Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation, Inc.
Celebrating Six Years of Community Outreach and Advocacy
* Project Saving Soles: Community outreach mission dedicated to providing quality, holistic, comprehensive foot care.
* Prevent T2 | Your Change for a Better Lifestyle: A CDC-recognized diabetes prevention lifestyle change program to help prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. This program is specifically designed for people who have prediabetes or are at risk for type 2 diabetes, but who do not already have diabetes.
* Diabetes Support Group: Education and group fellowship in an innovative approach to better understand the emotional, social, and viable aspects of diabetes. Monthly meetings offers educational resources, coping approaches tips, encouragement, group outings, and occasional guest speakers.
* Nutrition for Wellness: Initiative dedicated to promoting healthy opportunities in the areas of diabetes meal-planning and nutrition. This program aids portions of the population whose adequate food supply is limited by a lack of financial resources. (c)
* Holistic Health: Initiative dedicated to accentuating the bond of mind, body, and spirit through an ancient approach to health and wellness that appraises the whole person and how he or she interacts with their environment to gain proper balance in life. (c)
- Mobile Smoothie Bar: Offering a unique, yet fun and engaging experience of increasing diabetes education, while dishing up delicious, healthy fresh smoothie treats. (c)
- Corporate Health and Wellness Program: Initiative dedicated to improving the health and well-being of employees in the corporate world; through health indoctrination and group activities that reinforce positive lifestyle changes as a result of better workforce morale, efficiency and healthcare cost reduction. (c)
- Financial Literacy and Retirement Planning: Community service mission offering education on how money works in the world of healthcare, understanding health insurance, long-term care and the benefits of planning. (c)
"Today, diabetes is now epidemic, according to the Centers for Disease Control, the National Institutes of Health, the American Diabetes Association and other national healthcare leaders." -Tim Holden- Member of the U.S. House of Representatives-Pennsylvania
Millions are living with diabetes mellitus. Ruby A. Neeson Diabetes Awareness Foundation Inc. is conscious of the growing needs of those affected by diabetes in the state of Georgia. We are devoted to adapting the foundation to successfully meet the emerging needs of the community and people we serve. Our mission and purpose provide comprehensive access to health care and social services to populations at high-risk for developing diabetes, and its complications. Our specific core programs are:
If you have a question about our programs, please do not hesitate to contact us.